quick question re: E-filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quick question re: E-filing

I decided to E-file this year for 2 reasons, I thought I would have to pay, and I didn't want to add to that bill by paying someone to do them, and I couldn't find 1040's anywhere I looked. I've done my own taxes before, but I don't ever remember entering what I paid the year before EG: 2006 taxes in this case..

The company seems to be "discount tax service", which was chosen by the irs website.

This is the problem I'm having. I paid taxes for 2006 and the thing asked me what I paid in 2006 in this line on the 2nd page I believe.

Enter the amount of any estimated tax payments and amounts applied from your 2006 return:

So I entered what I paid (withheld) in 06 including the amount I paid when I filed. It doesn't say EIC or anything, just asks what I paid. It also asked me what I made in 2006 if that helps.

On to the 1040 form

Line 65 2007 estimated tax payments and amount applied from 2006 return. 2364 : which is what I paid in 2006... including the filing/return.

Why is it counting 06's tax paid with this years tax paid is my question I guess.

Oh my gosh..

you are fundamentally misunderstanding the question and your unwillingness to pay for some help is about to cost you a lot of money and heartache.

Look for a VITA office locally. (free if you qualify) or just pay someone. You'll be money ahead.

Comment

Working...
    X