NOL election if filing electronically

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NOL election if filing electronically

In order to not "go back" with the NOL, it is necessary to opt to carry forward the NOL. If the return is being filed electronically, what should be the procedure for making this election with the IRS. Use 8453 and attach the election to it?

Thanks.
    LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

I always prepare a statement which will be e-filed with the return.

Comment

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
      In order to not "go back" with the NOL, it is necessary to opt to carry forward the NOL. If the return is being filed electronically, what should be the procedure for making this election with the IRS. Use 8453 and attach the election to it?

Thanks.
      LT
      ATX has an electronic election for NOLs, I haven't sent in any 8453s for the 3 I have done this year, I used 8879s. I hope I did them right.

Comment

Thanks Gabriele and Safire. I was trying to make it too difficult I guess. I'm one of these cross every t and dot every i, trying not to mess anyone up. Drake has a place, that I did not know about where I can just check a box and it generates what I needed.

Sometimes I get the cart before the horse. :-(

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
        X