A Little Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Little Help Please

It is late on an awful Monday, I am tired and I am second guessing everything I am doing. Today has been absolutely H---! Social security benefits due to disability are they totally excludable from income? I think 42 years of doing this crap has finally fried my brain.

Originally posted by taxladyea View Post
    It is late on an awful Monday, I am tired and I am second guessing everything I am doing. Today has been absolutely H---! Social security benefits due to disability are they totally excludable from income? I think 42 years of doing this crap has finally fried my brain.
    My advice is turn the lights off and go home. when you are having a day like that the worst thing you can do for the client is work on there stuff and ultimately your product will suffer. Call it a day and go at it tomorrow.

Comment

Social Security Disability

Take Sea-Tax's advice, call it a day for Monday, and get a good nites rest. Lord knows we all need it about now!

Anyway, benefits received from Social Security for Disability, are treated the same as Social Security Retirement benefits. T/p should have received 1099R, so include along with other income,

or

if for the Stimulus, then file the SSA amount as reviewed in other posts.

Sandy

Comment

1099r

Originally posted by S T View Post
        Anyway, benefits received from Social Security for Disability, are treated the same as Social Security Retirement benefits. T/p should have received 1099R, so include along with other income,
        Sandy
        Sandy,
        Not trying to be nit picky, just want to be sure I understand. Did you mean 1099R or 1099SSA? If 1099R, I guess that I am showing my ingnorance by not being familiar with it and am wondering what situations this will happen in.

Thanks,
        LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
          Sandy,
          Not trying to be nit picky, just want to be sure I understand. Did you mean 1099R or 1099SSA? If 1099R, I guess that I am showing my ingnorance by not being familiar with it and am wondering what situations this will happen in.

Thanks,
          LT
          It is a 1099ssa you are correct

Comment

I'm surel Sandy

meant SSA

Quote:
            "He who sits on tack is better off"
            Confucius say:
            He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

yes