W-2 filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

W-2 filing

Oh, my..... I just realized that this is almost the end of March. We have to have our W-2's filed with the SSA by March 31st, right?

Most of mine aren't a real problem. They are s-corps with 1 or 2 employees. But I have the 2 motels that I do payroll for and they take a while to do.

Do most of you that do have to do this file them directly with IRS? Or do you use a software company?

I was concentrating on getting returns finished and out and just thought about this.

Linda F

Hopefully you'll do them electronically, because mailing the W-2's had to be done the end of February.
    JG

Comment

Electronically

Yes I plan to do them electronically.

I just wondered if those who do them electronically usually just file them on SSA website or do they go through a service.

Any comments?

Linda F

Comment

This year is the first year I have filed electronically. Since I use QB for my payroll (after a lot of hesitation) I also used them for the filing w/SSA. Went almost smoothly. I wished they also could electronically file 941's etc. for professionals but so far they don't offer this. Only businesses themselves can do this.

Comment

941's

I use Esmartpayroll.com to file my 941's. If you have several companies that you file for and do them all at one time, they charge a reduced rate for any over the first one. That makes it very reasonable.

Comment

Working...
          X