Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ProSeries users 2nd form 8829 does not flow from 1st one, correct?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ProSeries users 2nd form 8829 does not flow from 1st one, correct?

Indirect exps (gross mortgage interest, gross property taxes, etc.) within the form 8829 (home office) does not flow to the 2nd 8829 upon checking the box under: “Interest and Taxes Smart Worksheet” this according to the ProSeries tech support. Is that correct ProSeries users?

Not sure why there is a second 8829, however if 20% is home office the other 80% should flow to Schedule A, nothing should flow a a second form 8829.
    Confucius say:
    He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

2 separate Sch C's w/2 separate bus codes....

Use same house for both businesses. ProSeries does prevent the doubling up on the home office deduction but according to the Tech support, I need re enter the indirect exp again on 2nd form 8829.

Comment

Second 8829

Software should allow a second 8829 provided it applies to the second Sch C. make sure you adjust the home office expences by 1/2
        Last edited by RLymanC; 03-22-2008, 03:20 PM.
        Confucius say:
        He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

I use ProSeries and I had the same problem. I simiply calculated the correct amount that should be used on each 8829 and the Schedule A and entered those amounts as direct expenses rather than indirect expenses.

I don't have time to fight with the software.

Comment

Pro Series user

The check box is to prevent incorrect amounts from flowing to Schedule A. You make all entries on 8829 #1. then you make the same entries except for square footage amounts on 8829 #2 an dyou check the box. Then mortgage interest and real estate taxes will show up in all 3 places and be equal to the total.

Comment

Originally posted by Kram BergGold View Post
              The check box is to prevent incorrect amounts from flowing to Schedule A. You make all entries on 8829 #1. then you make the same entries except for square footage amounts on 8829 #2 an dyou check the box. Then mortgage interest and real estate taxes will show up in all 3 places and be equal to the total.

The problem is when I have two office in homes because two separate offices are being used, one for husband, the other for wife, that won't work since their square footages are not going to be the same.

Comment

I dont' even use proseries and I get it. The same figures, except for sq ft go on each 8829. The program allocates percentages of interest, taxes, utilities etc for each office based on the sq ft of the office/sq ft of the whole house. I use ATX, and when I was married both of us had different offices and different businesses. He had 50 sq ft/1920 sq ft house on an 8829 with ALL of the expenses on it (except for direct expenses of course; those are distinct for each one) connected to his Sch C, and I had 224 sq ft/1920 sq ft house connected to my sch c.I got a % of the interest & taxes, he got a smaller percent, and the rest went on the A.

Comment

Working...
                X