Car Racing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Racing

Client has a racing car and wants to put it on Sch C. He only bought a motor for it! Nothing else. He says "his buddies" at the plant put it on their taxes too. This is cosidered as a hobby. Right?
    SueBaby

Not even quite a hobby yet

In my opinion SueBaby. When someone comes in with the "Race Car" business I tell them we will start the form as soon as they have some income. Haven't started one yet.
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
      In my opinion SueBaby. When someone comes in with the "Race Car" business I tell them we will start the form as soon as they have some income. Haven't started one yet.
      Yeah, that is exactly what I told him. But he 'knew' better than I did and said all of his buddies has done this for years. Yeah right. So I did not do it 'like he told me to' . I just told him to take it where his buddies do their taxes too. I was 'ladylike' and not really told him where to take it.
      SueBaby

Comment

Do you start

when you buy an engine or is it when placed in service. "HOBBY"-tell you guy he would make more money turning his buddies in for the finder's fee than he would racing.

Comment

As they say

Well, as they say down here in NASCAR country, "That's racin'' !"
          "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
          X