Audit update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Settle

I would tell them to settle it for the $500.
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Let me add that he also did not take into accout the $2000 inventory in 2003. So he was not told how it was done.

Well the CPA feels like that.. they should settle. I'm afraid it will just continue on if they don't settle. Client feels they are correct even for $500.

Comment

I can understand

that someone doesn't want to settle if it is just plain wrong. Has nothing to do with the dollar amount. Of course they need to be willing to pay whatever time it will take to not settle.

If they feel they don't want to settle they should be supported. To many things are not right but we tend to not say anything because "it's just a little thing".

Comment

Its Closed.

Spoke to the agent yesterday. The case has been sent to the case closing office. I talked to the client and told them just go ahead an pay it. Its closed out of the agent's hand now. So just let it go. CPA did not respond on the inventory adjustment which sent it to the case closing office. Only way to change it now would be through the appeals office.

Just wanted to let the board know how it ended. Even though I didn't handle this personally it gave me a good overview of what happens and what needs to be done.

Comment

Working...
          X