Credit for the Elderly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit for the Elderly

How many of you find opportunities to take advantage of the "Credit for the Elderly" (Schedule R)?

There's a credit for the elderly or disabled?

Comment

I try it

but I don't think I have ever had one work out.

Comment

Elderly Tax Credit

In the last 11 years I know of 1 (one) that actually went through. Possibly there have
        been more but I have not seen them. Some bloated up politician probably could tell
        us about the wonderful thing he has done for the elderly with this exciting credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxtrainer View Post
          In the last 11 years I know of 1 (one) that actually went through. Possibly there have
          been more but I have not seen them. Some bloated up politician probably could tell
          us about the wonderful thing he has done for the elderly with this exciting credit.
          I think of Sched R like I do the $255 Soc Sec death benefit - from the 1950's.

Comment

Credit for the Elderly

Snag, one thing I've learned about this credit is to be sure and always enter the social security on the 1040. Of all the seniors I worked with there has been only one eligible to claim it. I don't remember why. It is a credit that is used rarely.

Comment

elderly credit

in ten years I have not had one work.

Comment

One client

Only one client in my 32 years doing this, because she had a state pension and never paid in to SS. She still does not receive SS. She is 88 years young.

Comment

Working...
                X