Free File Program for Professional Preparers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free File Program for Professional Preparers

I just received a postcard advertising Free Federal Online Tax Preparation and E-Filing if you prepare 1,000 returns or less. Does anyone know what this is about? What program they use? I went on their website and don't know to much more. www.1040freefile.net. They also have a number 800.683.3729.

Piglee

I received one in the mail today, as well. Don't know anything about it.

Dennis

Comment

There is an earlier thread about this:

Primary Forum for posting questions regarding tax issues. Message Board participants can then respond to your questions. You can also respond to questions posted by others. Please use the Contact Us link above for customer support questions.

Comment

Interesting - has anyone looked at the software?

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Is this an I.R.S. program?
        No, this is not an I.R.S. program. This program is administered by 1040Now. 1040Now is an IRS authorized e-file provider and a member of the I.R.S. Free File Alliance, a partnership between the Internal Revenue Service and private software companies to provide free tax preparation and electronic filing for qualifying taxpayers.

Comment

I trust them about as far as I can throw them...... Remember, you get what you pay for in this great country.
          Dave, EA

Comment

I don't trust companies that try to trick you into thinking they are the IRS.

Comment

Working...
            X