Emperors Club ringleader is enrolled agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emperors Club ringleader is enrolled agent

CNN just announced that one of the ringleader's of the Emperor's Club VIP is an Enrolled Agent. That was breaking news...LOL. Now, maybe more of the public will learn what an Enrolled Agent is (or isn't). The news reporter wasn't sure whether that meant he was an ex-IRS agent, or not. The Emperor's Club VIP is the call girl operation the NY Gov was involved with.
    Last edited by Zee; 03-11-2008, 05:50 PM.

membership

Originally posted by Zee View Post
    CNN just announced that one of the ringleader's of the Emperor's Club VIP is an Enrolled Agent. That was breaking news...LOL. Now, maybe more of the public will learn what an Enrolled Agent is (or isn't). The news reporter wasn't sure whether that meant he was an ex-IRS agent, or not.
    For those who may not know, you might want to explain what the Emperor's club is,
    and what are the membership requirements.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
      For those who may not know, you might want to explain what the Emperor's club is,
      and what are the membership requirements.
      OK. I've added a note. But, since this is front page news I'm sure most readers knew anyway.

I haven't received my membership kit yet, so I don't know the requirements.

Comment

New perspective on the profession

I was hoping my enrollment certificate would qualify me for another profession.
        In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
        Alexis de Tocqueville

Comment

He sounds like an enterprising entrepreneur to me who probably has most of his profits offshore by now as I suspect shortly he will also be.

Comment

That's a different secondary business after tax season, for sure! That gal that the gov hired was $1,000 an hour, boggles the mind what that buys.
            "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

$1000 an hour was the instate rate

Multistate is much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Zee View Post
                CNN just announced that one of the ringleader's of the Emperor's Club VIP is an Enrolled Agent. .......... Now, maybe more of the public will learn what an Enrolled Agent is (or isn't).
                I hope the next client that calls doesn't ask which girls are available.

Comment

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
                  That's a different secondary business after tax season, for sure! That gal that the gov hired was $1,000 an hour, boggles the mind what that buys.
                  ...and it's fully reportable!

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
                    Multistate is much higher.
                    Serious question: what is the source of your Cicero quote? I really like it.

Comment

$ 1000 an hour

Originally posted by taxmandan View Post
                      At $1000 per hour she makes almost as much as that enrolled agent.

Comment

Working...
                      X