Editor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editor...

With all the talk about dependents, qualifying child, qualifying relative and such, can I still rely on TTB's chart when I'm researching a situation with a client in front of me?
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Bob

I have yet to see any evidence of flaws in our charts on page 3-15 and 3-16. I did post a clarification on the updates page concerning situation number 7 on page 3-16. The wording in the chart is correct for HOH since Dad does qualify for HOH. But if Dad in that situation decided to let Mom take the credit, he would then lose HOH. Mom could never qualify as HOH in that situation since she did not pay over half the cost of the home.

If anyone has any objections to any of the conclusions we presented in that chart, I would like to hear from you.

Brad

Comment

Thanks.........

.....to you and your staff for developing this great book.
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

charts

There are two charts that you had in the QF last year that seems to be missing, or ‘m I not finding them. The Treatment of Settlement Costs on Sale or Purchase of Real Estate 2004 QF 7-1 and the IRA and Pension Plan Comparison Charts on page 14-1,2,3. I liked the easy to read format on these pages. Do you plan on having them in the future?
        Thanks

Comment

The treatment of settlement costs is covered on page 6-16. We will probably put that in chart form next year.

The IRA and pension plan comparison charts are covered in several locations. Dollar limits are included in the chart on page 1-3 and 13-2. Characteristics are included in the charts on page 13-4 and 13-5. The 10% early withdrawal exceptions are covered in the chart on page 13-3. And the advantages and disadvantages are covered in the charts on pages 13-6 and 13-7.

We can work on ways to improve that. Keep in mind that Quickfinder's charts are proprietary and it would be copyright infringement to reproduce the info in their format.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Brad, It just taking me awhile to find everything, I should have it down in about a week.

Comment

TaxBook

I had the opportunity to look through the new Deluxe Book yesterday for a few hours. I was very impressed.

Like Gene, it'll take a short while to learn where everything is, but I'm really looking forward to using it!

Dennis

Comment

Charts and Formats TB

Yes, I am like Gene, guess we both use the Settlement Costs and the Pension Charts quite a bit.

Have looked for both of those and the lay out and locations are different. Couple of other items, and I do believe the info is there just not in the same format or tabs we are use to looking at.

Within a few weeks we should all feel comfortable!

Is there a particular way to address the "wish list" for the TB for 2006 if needed, is there a feedback area or contact area we should use for suggestions or questions?

Sandy

Comment

We look at this message board all the time. You can also click on "contact us" at the bottom of your screen and submit comments or question in one of the various email forums. We welcome your feedback.
                  Last edited by Brad Imsdahl; 01-22-2006, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I would love to see the book come out later next year so we don't need so many updates.

There is no need to have the book available in December. I'd much rather see the book go to press later and be available a few weeks later. Just so I have the book by the middle of January

Comment

A December release date gives everyone a chance to read up on all the new laws prior to the start of January madness.

And anyone in the tax business knows Congress is fully capable of passing laws anytime of year and making them retroactive. Remember 9/11 and all of the retroactive changes passed in March of 2002 affecting 2001 returns after half of the returns were already filed? The Job Creation and Workers Assistance Act of 2002 was signed into law on March 9, 2002 and introduced the special depreciation allowance and changed the carryback period for NOLs - both with respect to the filing of 2001 tax returns.
                      Last edited by Bees Knees; 03-19-2006, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X