EF Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EF Question

Client has brought me a rare find. Her Turbotax return appears to me to be corrct. Course all it had was a couple w2s and a couple dependants. Anyway her problem is that she efiled and hit a saag because she miskeyed an ein on a w2. She knows she needs to correct that but the people at TT Help have her filing an Amended Return. That doesn't seem right to me. I think a return efiled with mismatch for employer name and ein gets rejected. Am I right? In any event how should we proceed? Can I electronically file her or can only TT do that now?

If it rejected, it has never been filed. You should be able to electronically file the return.

Linda

Comment

Yes

I agree. She should re-file.

Comment

The question is...why would someone in their technical support department give tax advice?

Comment

Because that is part of what

TT Promises customers. If you don't understand a question asked you by the software they supposedly have tax experts who can explain it.

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
            TT Promises customers. If you don't understand a question asked you by the software they supposedly have tax experts who can explain it.
            Oh really...I didn't know they have CPAs sitting in their technical support department to answer phone calls...

Comment

Originally posted by NotEasy View Post
              The question is...why would someone in their technical support department give tax advice?
              A lot of people call the software for tax questions. One major reason for that is people assume if the software doesn't do what is expected, there's a software bug. 17 year old not giving CTC, 21 year old who doesn't get EIC, etc... very common support questions for software support because people don't know the tax laws. And I imagine if turbotax simply told everyone "Working as intended learn 2 tax" they wouldn't be very popular, at least not for their support.

(Of course, I wouldn't recommend calling software for tax questions, as the person you talk to probably has much less tax experience than you do. Just giving an explanation for why they would give "tax advice").

Comment

Working...
              X