NC LLC filing requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC LLC filing requirements

Does NC have a separate filing requirement for a H/W LLC that owns rental property in NC? Any special fees, etc? The couple lives in CA.

$200 per year

The LLC must file an annual report by Apr 15 of each year and pay a $200 fee. It can be filed & paid online, or a prepopulated Annual Report can be downloaded for paper filing.

Here's the link:
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Thank you. I was looking on the DOR website and couldn't find anything; the SOS site was very useful.

Comment

We do have one of the best SOS websites in the country

Originally posted by joanmcq View Post
        Thank you. I was looking on the DOR website and couldn't find anything; the SOS site was very useful.
        and I'm not just saying that because the Secretary is my next door neighbor (really she lives 3 houses down from me, and a former US Senator is 3 houses the other way, and a former US Heavyweight champ lives across the street)

Comment

NC annual report fee for LCC

Josh...my wife started an LLC in October (and paid the necessary fees then). We have completed her annual report online but does she need to pay another $200 before April 15th this year as well?

Or did the fees when she started the LLC in October cover this first year?

-Jeff

Comment

Yes, you'll need to file by Apr 15 & pay $200

I'm not Josh, but I'll answer your question.
            The fees your wife paid at the time the LLC was organized simply covered the initial organization expenses. All NC LLC's are required to file the Annual Report on Apr 15 of each year and pay the $200 fee.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Working...
            X