out of state tax returns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

out of state tax returns

my son lives in Maryland, his income came from VA and IL, what non resident forms do i have to fill out thanking you in advance...jim s

Which is his legal state of residence?

Originally posted by jim s View Post
    my son lives in Maryland, his income came from VA and IL, what non resident forms do i have to fill out thanking you in advance...jim s
    If his home of residence is MD, then both VA and IL may qualify as non-resident states, unless one may qualify as part year. How long was he in each state?

Peachie

Comment

Originally posted by jim s View Post
      If he lives in Maryland then the non resident forms would be VA and IL.

I have truckers that live in La and work in 10-12 states. I non resident those states and take all the credits off of them and put on the resident state La so he don't have to owe that much since not working here in his state. (which he always owes alot in La.)
      SueBaby

Comment

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post
        If he lives in Maryland then the non resident forms would be VA and IL.

I have truckers that live in La and work in 10-12 states. I non resident those states and take all the credits off of them and put on the resident state La so he don't have to owe that much since not working here in his state. (which he always owes alot in La.)
        Please google "Amtrak Act". Your truckers are probably filing a lot of returns that aren't required if they're employees or SPs.

Comment

Originally posted by Davc View Post
          Please google "Amtrak Act". Your truckers are probably filing a lot of returns that aren't required if they're employees or SPs.
          How is that?
          SueBaby

Comment

After you've researched Amtrak "act"

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post
            How is that?
            or whatever it's called, you'll find that truckers file income tax only for their home state.

Exception is of course if the trucking business in incorporated, THEN the corporation
            must register in each state. A real can of worms. So my trucker and his wife operate as
            a partnership.
            ChEAr$,
            Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Originally posted by ChEAr$ View Post
              or whatever it's called, you'll find that truckers file income tax only for their home state.

Exception is of course if the trucking business in incorporated, THEN the corporation
              must register in each state. A real can of worms. So my trucker and his wife operate as
              a partnership.
              Wish but none have that for me.
              SueBaby

Comment

Working...
              X