No announcement yet.

Cell Phone/Tax Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Every cell phone I am aware of has answering service capabilities, or call logs, so you can always call back later. Why do people feel they have to drop everything and answer it? When I am with a client, my phone rings off the hook sometimes (not cell) and I never answer it. They leave a messeage and I call back later. It burns me up whenever any service person stops serving you and answers the phone to take care of that person's inquiries. On one occasion in a store or other place I was trying to transact business, after the 3rd phone interruption, and it rang the 4th time, I told the clerk "Don't answer that phone again! I was here first."
    She didn't.

Comment

Good story

I like the story about the wife talking to her boyfriend on the phone.
      By any chance was her name Joy and the husband's name was Earl?
      "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

I don't get very good reception in my office on cell phones. I have to leave my cell phone on roaming to make or receive call on my cell phone in my office of my home. Don't ask why.....I have Sprint's terrible service.
        So people have a hard time talking on their cell phones in my office. If they do have to make a call to find an answer to a question I ask them, they have to step outside. If their phone rings, most just turn off phone, but if they do try to answer it they have to go outside to talk they make it short.

Just realized bad service can be a blessing.

Linda F

Comment

When I was pretty into the website design I had to travel to one customer's office because "he was to busy" to come to my office. I told him what I would charge just to meet him. He said okay. So I get there on time. He isn't there. I waited for three hours before he finally came in. He apologized and said he had to do this and that and meet with the accountant. I told him "oh that is okay. I just made $400 dollars for sitting on my butt". He was on time after that I actually haven't been back to the office. We talk on the phone.

The cellphone situation is really getting out of hand. Most of the time people turn it off after the first ring or tell them they are at the accounting office they will call them back. I had a meeting with a customer and his bookkeeper. Her phone kept on ringing. It wasn't one of those soft rings either. It was Linkin Park songs. Loud! Her employer finally told her to turn off the ringer atleast.

I also have more people calling my business line during the interview and have to turn off the ringer. I don't have a problem with people calling on my cellphone because a couple of years ago I canceled my contract with Verizon and went to pay as you go Tracfone. The biggest mistake I EVER made was giving my cellphone number out to customers. Never Never do that unless you get a cellphone just for them and one for family. They will call the cell and leave messages before they call your business line.

Alot of customers ask for my cellphone number but I will not give it to them. I use the excuse it is pay as you go and I don't have many minutes on it. Plus add that it is for emergency and my family only.

I won't use a cellphone unless I just have too. Most of the time it is only so my mother or father can get me if they need me. Even my friends don't have the number. I am not driving around with a cellphone up to my ear or hooking one of those hands free things in my ear, or doing the wireless thing now they stick in their ear. Looks like they are talking to themselves using those.

Comment

Interesting how different we all can be

For me, the cell phone essential.
            Next to email, it's the best time multiplier I have.
            I don't carry on conversations in public because I do think that is rude, but I am checking & sending email from it wherever I have down time (staqnding in lines,etc). And I'm almost always using it in the car.

To each his/her own...
            Last edited by JohnH; 03-02-2008, 06:15 PM.
            "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Use mine a lot

I use mine a lot. I even put the number on my business cards. Can't deny a deduction if I put it there.
              But during off season having my cell phone enables me to work part time and go places and do other things and not worry about not getting calls I need to get. Sometimes I forward my land phone to my cell phone. I still only answer the calls I want to answer. I check the messages and call people back.

I have had one for 15 years..first got it when my youngest daughter was 16 and driving the car alone. We shared a cell phone then and whenever she left the house, she had the cell phone with her.
              Guess we have just evolved with the cell phone industry. Even my husband finally has one but only because his company gave him one. But he turns it off when he comes in the house at night and never takes it with him on the weekends. Sometimes I wish he would.

Linda F

Comment

Yeah everyone is different. I know alot of people use their cell for emails and their main communication device. Just not for me

I got my first cellphone when I was in college. I usually was driving back home at 10pm. So my parents bought me one. It was huge and in a bag. Do you guys remember those? That was like in 93 for me. I remember when I went to get a new one and turned the bag one in. The salesman just threw it in a big box with others. He said he was going to recycle them they were not worth nothing.

Comment

Working...
                X