Interesting call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting call

I just had a call from a man who had gone to the IRS office to file a tax return so that he could get the rebate this summer. He said they couldn't do his return for him since he had also rolled over an IRA. He said they gave him my phone number to call to get the tax return prepared. He said they looked on a list and gave him my number.

That is interesting. I didn't know that the local office did something like that. If that is the case, we all may get some extra business this year.

Linda F

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
    I just had a call from a man who had gone to the IRS office to file a tax return so that he could get the rebate this summer. He said they couldn't do his return for him since he had also rolled over an IRA. He said they gave him my phone number to call to get the tax return prepared. He said they looked on a list and gave him my number.

That is interesting. I didn't know that the local office did something like that. If that is the case, we all may get some extra business this year.

Linda F
    Could be that they looked at the Authorized IRS e-file Providers list and picked your number.

Comment

another possibility

Could they have checked the list of enrolled preparers (EA's CPA's and Tax Attorneys) in the area?

Comment

Just a thought

Nothing personal against you, but if the IRS referred me to someone to perpare my taxes, I'd probably go to anyone BUT that person. Of course, if I'm already at the IRS office expcting them to help me, I'm not thinking rationally to begin with.
        "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Thanks John

Remember that when someone calls you and says they got your name from the IRS.

I thought about enrolled agents list and thought that might have been what they looked at.

Excuse me...but where did that post come from right above John's? Can just anyone register on our site now and posts comments.

Linda F

Comment

It's been buried in a couple of other threads today.

Looks like they got rid of the spammer stuff in this thread and another.
            Last edited by ecb34691; 02-26-2008, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
              Remember that when someone calls you and says they got your name from the IRS.

I thought about enrolled agents list and thought that might have been what they looked at.

Excuse me...but where did that post come from right above John's? Can just anyone register on our site now and posts comments.

Linda F
              I have seen that post several times on other posts. What's up?
              SueBaby

Comment

SPAMMER Please Delete and Block User

A spammer set up a post and hits the most acrive post.

Hopefully a system administrator will delete this account.

Comment

[QUOTE=oceanlovin'ea

Yes literally anyone who can find their way to the site may register and post comments. Sometimes posts are considered out of bounds in some way in which case they will be removed and depending on the situation the posters may be banned with or without being warned first. The site turns up easily in search engines because management believes that people may find and use the site and then decide to buy the books. Competitor Q has a similar policy regarding its site, presumably for the same reason.

Comment

Originally posted by gkaiseril View Post
                    A spammer set up a post and hits the most acrive post.

Hopefully a system administrator will delete this account.
                    I believe that the admins are also tax preparers and the be busy this time of year. I also believe that they will take care of the situation.

Comment

Working...
                    X