NC folks: tax credit help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NC folks: tax credit help

I have a client who built a "green" house this year with solar panels and all sorts of great things for energy tax credits. For the NC return, they have more credit than tax. The credit carries over, but I don't see a way to make that happen in my software. On Form 478G, there is a place for the tax credits that would be spread out over several years, but this is not one of those. Will I need to manually report this? Anyone in NC seen this?

Thanks.

hoping NC folks will see

I am replying to myself to get back to the top of the list. Posted question on weekend, may have some responders on Monday.

By the way - many thanks on the tax rebate worksheet.

Comment

Probable answers here

I think you need Form NC-478G (no 5-year allocation for personal residence), then Form NC-478, then probably Form NC D-400TC (line 35)

Depending on your software, you might have to visit the NCDOR web site to find the forms.

Gotta go.........kinda busy these days!

FE

The NCDOR is committed to helping taxpayers comply with tax laws in order to fund public services benefiting the people of North Carolina.

The NCDOR is committed to helping taxpayers comply with tax laws in order to fund public services benefiting the people of North Carolina.

Comment

Working...
      X