Form 4136 Delay til March 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Form 4136 Delay til March 4?

My software Proseries Pro is telling me I cannot efile Form 4136 until after Mar 4.

Anyone else using OTHER programs finding this too? Or is it just my software company. I thought these forms were all to be done and ready by Feb 28.

How am I suppose to have my farms done and filed before Mar 1 when they don't have the form til Mar. 4. ggggggggrrrrrrrrr

I'm grumbling !!!!! I hate filing extensions for farms and I definately am refusing to let them mail in the returns instead of efile.

So my only option is to file without it so they are filed on time and then do an amended with the form later by mail. Like I don't have enough to do ... grrrrrrrrrr

Thanks for listening .........
    "And So It Begins!!!"

Originally posted by TaxLadyinPA View Post
    I definately (sic) am refusing to let them mail in the returns instead of efile.
    Why? Is printing a return for your clients to mail really that big of a burden? And shouldn't it be your clients who decide whether to paper or e-file?
    Roland Slugg
    "I do what I can."

Comment

Form 4136 Delay

I found this

IRS Extends Due Date for E-Filing of Form 4136 to March 10, 2008
      Normally, 1040 filers who qualify for the special estimated tax rules that apply to farmers and fishermen must file their 2007 return and pay all taxes due by March 3. For eligible farmers and fishermen who attach Form 4136 to an electronically filed Form 1040, their return will be considered timely if e-filed on/or before March 10.
      Hope this helps!

Sandy

Comment

Timely filed by Mar 10?

Thanks Sandy that would help ...

Could someone point me out to where that is stated on the IRS website????

Just in case it is a well intended rumor and not written in stone from the IRS... That is the kind of luck I have .. LOL

Roland .... Printing out a copy for mailing is NOT a burden for the print part ... It is however a burden when my hard work is typed into the IRS system with a data entry mistake. Efiling is much better and enables me to better aid my farmer clients.
        And of course it is always the clients decision whether to efile or not, however, they do need the guidance and the explanation as to why it is better to efile.

Thanks for your input.
        "And So It Begins!!!"

Comment

Software

I saw the same e-Alert Sandy quoted posted above earlier today on the ProSystem fx electronic filing site. Don't have any farmer clients (well, I have a farm in IL) so didn't pay much attention to it. Check with your software provider, or do you subscribe to the IRS e-Alerts? I have trouble finding things on the IRS site, but someone here suggested Googling the term and seeing where that leads you on the IRS site.

Comment

Originally posted by IRS
            Tentatively, we anticipate accepting electronically filed Form 1041 returns which include Form 4136 on March 3, 2008.
            It's under one of the Jan 11 quick alerts.

(Although I just now noticed the quick alert for that March 3rd date is referencing the form 1041. If you look at quick alert for Jan 8 it also says they're delaying 4136 in general "Individual Electronic Filing will not be accepting Form 4136, Credit for Federal Tax Paid on Fuels, for Tax Year 2007, effective immediately, until further notice." I would assume Mar. 3rd same date but it doesn't say for 1040.)
            Last edited by David1980; 02-22-2008, 02:10 AM.

Comment

I saw that Jan 11 e-alert

Yes, I did see that e-alert and I thought then... well it doesn't say anything about the 1040 and Jan 11 is a long way from Mar 1 so I let it leave my mind thinking that it would be all sorted out before farm due dates.

Well I made my decision .... I will do the return without the Form 4136, get it efiled and then do an amended return by paper. My clients will actually be okay with it. Whats a few hundred more dollars when you already owe thousands. LOL

Thanks everyone
              "And So It Begins!!!"

Comment

Working...
              X