8453 Attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8453 Attachments

I attended an IRS Webinar yesterday and during the discussion I realized that I did not mail in the 8453 with the attachments. --specifically the 8283 non cash contributions over $500.
    Although the return was filed electronically using the pin and 8879 you still have to print the 8453 and mail it in with the attachments. Luckly for me I have only done a few.
    Anyone out there missed it

brian
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Screwed up?

Brian,

Sounds like I've screwed up doing something. This is the first year that I started using the PIN again. I have not been printing up the 8453 as in past years.

What are we suppose to be doing with regards to this?

Dennis

Comment

According to the form 8453 instructions

It is required if a statement or an appraisal is required for form 8283 Section A.

Comment

Form 8453 Paper Document Indicators.

The following forms are to be attached to the 8453 and sent to a weird address in Texas or some where else depending on the state where you reside/file

Forms: 1098C, 3115 3468 4136 5713 8283 8332 8858 8864 8885 SCHEDULE D-1 and worksheets 1-4 from Pub 517.
        I am familiar with just a few of these.

brian
        Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Also add to list POA's

Comment

Brian and Veritas

Thank you for clarifying. None of those forms, so far.

Dennis

Comment

8283 Noncash Contributions

Brian, does not this apply to noncash contributions that exceed $5.000? Appraisals are not required for less than $5.000. Up to that amount does require a statement from the charity that received the gift. Up to $500 does not require a receipt.
              Last edited by Chief; 02-21-2008, 03:01 PM. Reason: omission

Comment

I've got a couple to go.

Anybody know what that "weird address in Texas" (or elsewhere) is?

Comment

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
                  Anybody know what that "weird address in Texas" (or elsewhere) is?
                  Go to irs.gov and look for form 8453 mailing addresses. It is based on the first 2 digits of the ERO EFIN #.
                  Mine is 65. The address is
                  Internal RevenueService
                  attn: Shipping and Receiving,0254
                  Receipt and Control Branch
                  Austin TX 73344-0254

Comment

Doesn't this only apply if there is a piece of art, a used car or something like that. I remember having to mail a reciept when someone donated a used car, but receipts for used clothes and household stuff?

Comment

Working...
                    X