1040X Attachments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1040X Attachments

I've looked through TTB and the IRS instructions for filing 1040X and am unable to find a statement anywhere. Do I need to attach a copy of the new return and affected schedule to the 1040X or just the 1040X itself? There will be no change to refund, just need to report one more 1099 with sales price and basis being the same.

Thanks.
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

In your case just attach copies of all newly added or changed forms and schedules.

The instructions do explain (on p.2) what to attach in certain other situations.
    Roland Slugg
    "I do what I can."

Comment

If it is for a 2007 return, you file a CORRECTED return any time before 4-15. After that it is 1040X.

Comment

Attachments

Within the 1040X instructions it advises what to attach if you are correcting, such as a W-2 form, but seems to be vague on other attachments. I rarely will include the page 1 or 2 of the form 1040, but if Schedule A, B, C, D, SE, etc are corrected I always attach, along with W-2 form, 1099R form, mortgage interest statement, etc.

Seems like we are suppose to list on page 2 of the 1040X the line item correction, and then attach the appropriate corrected form.

Hope this helps,

Sandy

Comment

Working...
        X