Remaining amortization

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remaining amortization

I am showing amortization for 3 months in '07 on 4562. Where do you pickup the remaining amortization in a final year on the 1065?

I put it on L21 (other deductions) on pg. 1, along with a note. Sound OK?

Thanks,

Dennis

Not for sure

Thought I would raise this question to the top.

Maybe line 21 other deductions for the remaining unclaimed amortization, but then I wonder also if it would be placed on form 4797.

We will see if someone can provide some guidance on this. I haven't had one on form 1065, only on the Schedula A points on form 1040.

Sandy

Comment

I assume you are

talking about an abandoned asset. The disposition of the asset will go on form 4797.

Comment

amortization of what?

Originally posted by DTS View Post
        I am showing amortization for 3 months in '07 on 4562. Where do you pickup the remaining amortization in a final year on the 1065?

I put it on L21 (other deductions) on pg. 1, along with a note. Sound OK?

Thanks,

Dennis
        From what you say, it sounds like with 3 months worth in 2007, the remaning amount
        for 2008 will appear on the final return for this year?

Anyway, it should still appear on page two of the 4562 and shown as other deductions,
        but no extra "note" necessary, since the 4562 says it all.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Thank you all...

I must have been brain-dead late last night. I went in after reading the thread, made a couple clicks and it flowed in like water! 3 months on 4562, the rest on 4797. Same outcome, but now it's reported correctly.

I'm sure happy you're all here when I need you.

Thank you all, again!

Dennis

Comment

Working...
          X