RAL's for refunds - paper check for rebates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RAL's for refunds - paper check for rebates

According to the IRS taxpayers who use RALs or enter into any other loan or financial agreement with their tax professional cannot receive their stimulus payments by direct deposit and instead will get a paper check.

Originally posted by Larmil View Post
    According to the IRS taxpayers who use RALs or enter into any other loan or financial agreement with their tax professional cannot receive their stimulus payments by direct deposit and instead will get a paper check.
    Can you quote your source for this information?

In the stimulus thread, (it's getting hard to keep them straight) Possi posted an IRS letter received. It said, "For taxpayers who elect direct deposit for their 2007 income tax refund, their rebate check will also be deposited directly into that same bank account.." I don't believe it addressed those using RAL's.

But, I assumed this meant anyone indicating a direct deposit, whether they are getting a refund or not, maybe that's an incorrect assumption? I recognize RAL's are different.
    Last edited by Zee; 02-15-2008, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Check the FAQ

Originally posted by Zee View Post
      That's not the message contained in the IRS letter Possi posted in the other stimulus thread (it's getting hard to keep them straight). It said, "For taxpayers who elect direct deposit for their 2007 income tax refund, their rebate check will also be deposited directly into that same bank account.".
      I assumed this meant anyone indicating a direct deposit, whether they are getting a refund or not, maybe that's an incorrect assumption?

Comment

No direct deposit if RAL

Originally posted by Zee View Post
        Can you quote your source for this information?

In the stimulus thread, (it's getting hard to keep them straight) Possi posted It said, "For taxpayers who elect direct deposit for their 2007 income tax refund, their rebate check will also be deposited directly into that same bank account.." I don't believe it addressed those using RAL's.

But, I assumed this meant anyone indicating a direct deposit, whether they are getting a refund or not, maybe that's an incorrect assumption? I recognize RAL's are different.
        The original post said that the IRS said that if there was an RAL that there will be a paper check. The taxpayer does not have a direct deposit with the RAL. So the IRS doesn't know the bank account.

The IRS website has answers to FAQ's and this issue is addressed.
        Jiggers, EA

Comment

Thank you very much, that clears it up.

Comment

Working...
          X