dep.of mobile ome lots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dep.of mobile ome lots

I have a client that purchased numerous mobile home lots as an investment do they get a deperacation at 39 years for commericial property or is it no deperacation at all and just repairs and upkeep? I know normally bare land has no deperacation but I thought this may be different.

The cost of land

cannot be depreciated. Although land expenses for improvements, or preparation for something (mobile home placement) is depreciable.

Comment

Land improvements

can be depreciated. Also the utility hook ups and streets and playground. Usually comes with storage sheds etc...

Comment

Mobile home "lots"

Originally posted by superman View Post
        I have a client that purchased numerous mobile home lots as an investment do they get a deperacation at 39 years for commericial property or is it no deperacation at all and just repairs and upkeep? I know normally bare land has no deperacation but I thought this may be different.
        If he bought these "lots", meaning land, and there was no breakdown on the closing statement
        or allied papers as to relative values of land versus any improvements alluded to in other posts,
        then the whole kit 'n kaboodle is LAND.
        ChEAr$,
        Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
        X