Stimulus Rebates- Low Income Seniors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry. That's

right. $300 each. I missed that part on initial reading. See ..... old brains aren't as good as younger ones.

Comment

Child Tax Credit

New client came in today. She is divorced and has her youngest son still lives with her and was still 16 on December 31st. When she could no longer claim the oldest child, they went back to court and she asked to be able to claim youngest son, since her husband had remarried and had other children to claim also and she was custodial parent and struggling. She was told by the court to let him have the exemption because she would get the child tax credit and the EIC. She has been getting the CTC since that time.
      Last year her tax person retired and moved and sold his business to someone else. So she had a new person last year.
      In 2005 her son went to live with his father for a year so that year she did not claim him for CTC or EIC. But he came back to her home and last year she got EIC but not the CTC.

In reading different places in TTB, I felt like I got differing answers. Since the child lived with her, she should get the CTC and EIC for him, shouldn't she?

The program will allow me to say he qualifies for CTC and give her the credit. But I want to be sure.

Linda F

Comment

sorry

This should have been a new thread.

Disregard. I'll post again.

Linda F

Comment

Working...
        X