# of Extensions & Tax Rebate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

# of Extensions & Tax Rebate

My understanding is that tax rebate will be based on 2007 tax return among other things.

So one thing is for sure - Do not file extension for 2007. Filing Extension will delay or affect rebate.

It won't matter

I'm betting that the rebate won't affect the behavior of 2/3 of my regular extension filers. They will just file the extension as usual and then get their rebate in Sep, Oct, Nov, or Dec after their return is filed.

However, the other 1/3 will be a royal pain. They will still be calling for appointments at the last minute and then trying to pressure me to get the return finished by 4/15/08. That's why I'm moving my extension cutoff date to Mar 15 rather than around Mar 20 as I usually do.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

The minute people start getting their rebate checks in the mail, those who haven't gotten theirs yet will start calling us, in which case we will explain to them that they need to get that last bit of info before we can file their return, which is why we put them on extension, in which case they will get us the info 2 hours before we leave on that Alaskan Cruise, demanding we get the return done by the next day, in which case we will tell them tuff cookies and leave anyway, in which case even though we said we weren't going to let it ruin our vacation, it manages to irritate us anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by Bees Knees View Post
        The minute people start getting their rebate checks in the mail, those who haven't gotten theirs yet will start calling us, in which case we will explain to them that they need to get that last bit of info before we can file their return, which is why we put them on extension, in which case they will get us the info 2 hours before we leave on that Alaskan Cruise, demanding we get the return done by the next day, in which case we will tell them tuff cookies and leave anyway, in which case even though we said we weren't going to let it ruin our vacation, it manages to irritate us anyway....
        In which case are you putting that irritation you're bringing on that Alaska Cruise? Hopefully the one the airline will lose!

Comment

Working...
        X