AZ preparers: Gary, Ken, others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AZ preparers: Gary, Ken, others?

I have a gal filing single and itemizing. She will file PY AZ and PY CA. I've reviewed the AZ and everything looks fine, no diagnostics.

Is the family income tax credit common? Also, is there anything I have to manually input for AZ Sch A or any other form I should keep my eye on? Just checking.

Thank you,

Dennis

AZ return

The family tax credit is just for lower income filers and will automatically appear if they qualify. AZ schedule A includes all medical expenses, so if she has any, it is possible that she could itemize in AZ while not having enough to itemize on the Federal return. Also, Az has three credits - charitable contributions to private schools, contributions to certain organizations that help the poor (such as United Way), and contributions to public schools. If she has any of these, let me know and i will help you file the appropriate forms. Also, AZ has a credit called "The Clean Election Fund". If you say yes to this, she will save an additional $5. There is also a question about being in prison for more than 60 days. You must answer this question.

If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Gary

Comment

Another AZ question

May I jump in and ask Gary also:

Client is sending papers and her daughter told her to count AZ License tax. Is this just for Sch A or is there a special AZ license deduction?
      JG

Comment

Gary

Thanks for the tips!

I did find the clean election fund and marked it. It did not give her extra this year, but I assume she will next year (only $3 w/h for one AZ paycheck, which she's getting back).

She makes way too much to qualify for the family tax credit. I will ask her about the other donations you mentioned when I talk to her and may enlist your assistance with the forms, if need be. Thank you for the offer.

Also, I could not find this question about 60 days in prison. I looked at all input fields, as well as each and every form. I can't see it. Which form shows this so I can check it off?

Thanks,

Dennis

Comment

Vehicle License Tax

In AZ, the vehicle license tax is personal property tax and deductible on Schedule A. When we renew our license plates, part of the fees (actually most) is listed as VLT (vehicle license tax) and this amount is deductible.

Comment

Thank you very much!
            JG

Comment

Prison

I work for H&R Block and this is one of the questions in our software. When I get to the office tomorrow, I will look up the reference in the instructions to the AZ140.

Gary

Comment

Vech Lic Tax

FYI the AZ MVD web site has a look up for this tax, if you have the clients DL number, found it to be very helpful, because my clients forget this information, even after I have been working with them for years

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Fred. I didn't know this. I'm sure I will use it often in the future.

gary

Comment

Az

Fred and Gary,

Thank you for the help with my questions. I am not done with this return right now, but will put all this to work. I really think it'll make more of difference next year, as she'll have way more AZ income than she does for '07.

Thanks again,

Dennis

Comment

Calif as well

While this is a AZ post, Calif also now has the look up if you have pertinent info.
                      Makes it nice if you have acquired the vehicle info in the past, so you can determine the exact VLF or property tax on the vehicle.

Sandy

Comment

Working...
                      X