IRS Improves!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Improves!

While taxpayers are "on hold," their Muzak system -- which formerly played Mozart -- now serves up Steve Winwood's pop music. Very relaxing when you're semi-snoozing on hold for an hour or so. Gosh, what's next? Who knows, hold time might someday be cut down to a reasonable five-ten mintues.

Omigod, no more mozart & the nutcracker??? I'm sure I'll get tired of steve winwood too, but maybe they'll start changing the music regularly. One can only hope.

Comment

Random thoughts about IRS Music

Somehow it would be appropriate if they would play music by Kiss or any of several songs by the Rolling Stones (Satisfaction comes to mind) or Pinball Wizard by Elton John or the original version by the Who. I hope they stay away from Smashing Pumpkins tho. I could personally enjoy anything by George Jones and Tammy Wynette. Knowing the IRS there is bound to be someone who has thought of using the sound of a dental drill.

Comment

My brother-in-law use to work for one of those message on hold businesses that provided music and voice messages for people put on hold.

It turns out it is illegal to play the radio or any music over your phone system if you have not purchased the right to do so from the song publisher. ASCAP and BMI are some of the song writer's unions that control this. That is why you need to buy a service that either has paid the royalty fees to ASCAP or BMI, or they are using generic songs that have not been published by these organizations, or they are playing music which has no copyright, such as Mozart or compositions from other dead classical composers.

I called the IRS a few years back and noticed their message on hold was playing a local radio station. A big no no. Illegal. Thought about turning them in.

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
          Somehow it would be appropriate if they would play music by Kiss or any of several songs by the Rolling Stones (Satisfaction comes to mind) or Pinball Wizard by Elton John or the original version by the Who. I hope they stay away from Smashing Pumpkins tho. I could personally enjoy anything by George Jones and Tammy Wynette. Knowing the IRS there is bound to be someone who has thought of using the sound of a dental drill.
          There is only one good KISS song though. Beth.
          JG

Comment

That wasn't Kiss

It was off the Peter Criss solo album.

Comment

You are no doubt correct, but it was also on KISS Album: Destroyer. I know this only because of looking it up on the internet. I also have a memory of surprise in the 70's of a mild mannered, non-KISS-type band learning this song with their unmistakable costumes on the front of the sheet music.
              Last edited by JG EA; 02-06-2008, 01:30 AM.
              JG

Comment

I am so glad I read this post. I would have thought I dialed the wrong number if the Nutcracker didn't play.
                Thank goodness they changed it.
                Noel
                "Some cause happiness wherever they go; others, whenever they go."- Oscar Wilde

Comment

I"m afraid this post is incorrect

At least for the underreporter unit, its still the Nutcracker. One of my collegues just called this morning.

Oh well, it was a nice thought.

Comment

Nutcracker

I am so sick of the Nutcracker. The IRS has spoiled Christmas for me!

Comment

I used to like Mozart, too.

Comment

Solution:

Stop calling IRS.

Comment

Working...
                        X