8863 Education Credit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with Bart

One of my sons is in kindergarten and I've volunteered a number of times to help out in his classroom. In the 2-1/2 hours of time I'm there (only while my younger one is in pre-school), I cannot believe how exhausting it is!! She has 25 students and she teaches for nearly 7 hours, 5 days a week. They go from task to task to task. It's very structured. The first day I went, I came home and nearly collapsed on the couch from exhaustion. The first thing I told my husband was, "I don't know what she's making, but they need to give that woman a raise". She's an excellent teacher and she keeps her cool so well.

One day I was there, we had to drag a little boy out from underneath a desk because he was hurting other students. She grabbed his arms, I grabbed his feet and we walked him out into the hallway. He began hitting us and became very aggressive. That teacher was cool as a cucumber (I was freaking out inside). She just kept a smile on her face, spoke in a calm voice and diffused the situation. If dealing with that sort of crap isn't worth $40,000 a year, I don't know what is.

I'm not a teacher, nor do I have any relatives or close friends that are; all I know is that a lot of them work very hard and earn their wage. I would gladly approve a decent salary for those folks while knowing they are providing my children with a priceless service. Just wish I could take that teacher with throughout every year of school for my child. Just my two cents. (smile)

Comment

Working...
    X