Mileage Log Book?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mileage Log Book?

Where can I (or my clients) get a real good mileage log book to keep their miles in?
    They come to me with paper I can not even read or just a notebook or just figures out of their heads! I keep telling them if an audit where is their "right" figure for their miles to document it? But some is like talking to a wall. Help please if not for them for me. Thank you!
    SueBaby

Any of the office supply stores will have them. I buy the Dome logbooks from Tax-Aid when I buy folders, etc.
    "A man that holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn no other way." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SueBaby View Post
      Where can I (or my clients) get a real good mileage log book to keep their miles in?
      They come to me with paper I can not even read or just a notebook or just figures out of their heads! I keep telling them if an audit where is their "right" figure for their miles to document it? But some is like talking to a wall. Help please if not for them for me. Thank you!
      Call the Tax Book People
      Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Dome

Originally posted by Brian EA View Post
        Call the Tax Book People
        I bought from the Tax Book for this year. My clients who have tried it have already thrown them away as being poor and unusable. I have thrown mine away also. I have started to hand out the Dome book, much better.

Comment

Little notebook

I'm not sure where he got them but one of the EA's at the shareshop gave us a sample of what he uses. It is just a little notebook about 2" x 5". He stamps his name on the front of it. It is small enough to fit in shirt pocket, purse, glove box of car. If you lay it out flat, it has staples in the center of book.

He gives out ones that are flourscent green or pink.....loud colors that you can't miss seeing.
          I used the one he gave us last year for my personal mileage records and it worked great. It's cheap...why spend a lot of money when they just throw it away?
          Bright color....they shouldn't lose it.

I did buy some of the books from Tax Book for just my business clients. We will see how they use them this year.

Linda F

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
            I'm not sure where he got them but one of the EA's at the shareshop gave us a sample of what he uses. It is just a little notebook about 2" x 5". He stamps his name on the front of it. It is small enough to fit in shirt pocket, purse, glove box of car. If you lay it out flat, it has staples in the center of book.

He gives out ones that are flourscent green or pink.....loud colors that you can't miss seeing.
            I used the one he gave us last year for my personal mileage records and it worked great. It's cheap...why spend a lot of money when they just throw it away?
            Bright color....they shouldn't lose it.

I did buy some of the books from Tax Book for just my business clients. We will see how they use them this year.

Linda F
            Thanks to everyone and I like the bright colored ones too. I will suggest that ----maybe that will work for them.
            SueBaby

Comment

Mileage Logs

I purchased mileage logs from: www.natptax.com. They are only 79 cents each!

Comment

[They come to me with paper I can not even read or just a notebook or just figures out of their heads! I keep telling them if an audit where is their "right" figure for their miles to document it? But some is like talking to a wall. Help please if not for them for me.

This is the hardest thing I deal with trying to get customers to keep a record of their miles. I use a calendar, just any old one will do. I get a free one from somewhere every year when businesses are passing them out. I use one with big blocks to write in and record the miles on the day driven. End of month I add up all miles on that page of calendar and turn the page. End of year go back through the 12 months and add up total for each month and miles are done. I also write beginning odometer reading on Jan 1st and Dec 31st and it's easy to compute total miles. Very simple and easy but I tell customers how to do this and very few follow through. I don't have a lot of miles so this works well. For someone driving lots of miles to various locations in the same day, this probably won't work as well.

Bonnie

Comment

Working...
                X