1099's for tax preparers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good policy

--> mostly play it by ear (I never, as my wife complains, quite get around to nailing anything down firmly). <---

Black Bart:

Agree completely with your "play it by ear" approach.
    This is why I don't have a price list.
    I don't want to have to explain what the PITA charge is, or why it can vay so widely from one client to the next. Also don't care to explain why it keeps going up exponentially each year as I get older. (Although I did give everybody a hint last week when I tacked on a little sentence at the end of the client letter saying fees are going up 20% this year)
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Mirror image

Originally posted by JohnH View Post
      --> mostly play it by ear (I never, as my wife complains, quite get around to nailing anything down firmly). <---

Black Bart:

Agree completely with your "play it by ear" approach.
      This is why I don't have a price list.
      I don't want to have to explain what the PITA charge is, or why it can vay so widely from one client to the next. Also don't care to explain why it keeps going up exponentially each year as I get older. (Although I did give everybody a hint last week when I tacked on a little sentence at the end of the client letter saying fees are going up 20% this year)
      John/ Our pricing policies are so similar that you could step into my shoes and nobody would even know I was gone (if you'd put on a black shirt). Only thing that you couldn't do here is raise prices exponentially (although I'd like to). I increased "short forms" by $15 (from $30 to $45) in Jan-'06 and lost 50 customers. Still, I'm not worried about gettin' run out the country for sump'n because I figure anybody who can "get by" here can make it anywhere in the USA.

Comment

Working...
      X