Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-Corp Add'l Paid in Capital

S-Corp. 1 S/H has 100% ownership

Can additional capital be paid in without receiving stock? I guess I am confused. I thought that the S/H could loan money, but not just contribute capital.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Apic

White Oleander,

Check out this thread I started many months ago. Golden Rocket explained this to me in detail. It's a very good explanation.

Primary Forum for posting questions regarding tax issues. Message Board participants can then respond to your questions. You can also respond to questions posted by others. Please use the Contact Us link above for customer support questions.

I hope this helps!

Dennis

Comment

Paid in capital

Originally posted by WhiteOleander View Post
      S-Corp. 1 S/H has 100% ownership

Can additional capital be paid in without receiving stock? I guess I am confused. I thought that the S/H could loan money, but not just contribute capital.

Am I missing something?

Thanks
      is recorded upon the formation of the corporation as appropriate to reflect equity in assets
      not covered by issuance of stock.

So if shareholder wants to contribute more capital, he may do so in the form of simply
      buying more stock. It's easy.

As a caveat however, be sure that when this occurs, all the formalities are followed and
      an actual stock certificate is completed and given to the shareholder, and not simply
      kept in the corporate black book. although that is where most all shareholders do keep
      them.
      ChEAr$,
      Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Thanks. I've printed out that thread and I'm going to read it.
        You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

Working...
        X