Paper Cut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paper Cut

I noticed a few Tax Slayer customers on previous threads. Do any of you use the new Paper Cut program? If so how is it working and are you pleased with it? I am considering trying it but wanting some feed back from someone who has actually used it. Also for those not happy with software I would also recommend giving Tax Slayer a try. Support is awesome.

Thanks
    Bonnie

Interested also

I did purchase the Paper Cut addition to TaxSlayerPro. I haven't used it yet. I am doing my first two returns for the year tomorrow.

I was wondering if and when it prompts me to scan and save the documents and the return.

I am new to going paperless. Since they were offering a special deal, I decided to try it. This means that before next year, I have to buy another monitor and find a place on my desk to put it.

Linda F

Comment

Originally posted by oceanlovin'ea View Post
      I did purchase the Paper Cut addition to TaxSlayerPro. I haven't used it yet. I am doing my first two returns for the year tomorrow.

I was wondering if and when it prompts me to scan and save the documents and the return.

I am new to going paperless. Since they were offering a special deal, I decided to try it. This means that before next year, I have to buy another monitor and find a place on my desk to put it.

Linda F
      I went to the seminar in Dec and attended the Paper Cut portion just out of curiosity but not intending to really use it. Now after considering all things, I feel I'd like to give it a try. At the seminar I got the impression that you would never need to scan the return as it gets saved somehow within the program without ever being printed. As far as the other documents, I'm not sure if there is a prompt. I'm sure support can help with any questions. They did say we could scan the 8879 with the signatures. That was a surprise to me as I always thought we needed to keep the original signature forms. If I understood correctly that is no longer true. They can be scanned. This is my second year working at home and my thoughts on paperless are why do I want to invest in file cabinets and paper and ink to have more documents stored here taking up space when I can just invest in the Paper Cut program and a back up drive. I don't totally understand it so wanted to hear from those who may already be using it. Let me know how it goes when you do.

Thanks
      Bonnie

Comment

paper cut

Bonnie I noticed the Papercut on my program this year, but I never really knew what it was. I'm still a little jittery about not having paper copies of my returns. It seems like I buy a new computer every three or four years and its always intresting getting some of the stuff off my old computer and on to my new one. I bought a new computer this year and I spent about four hours getting my last years client base on a disk so I could transfer it to my new one.You can probably quess that I'm not really computer literate.
        ken

Comment

Paper cut

I am using Paper Cut as I went paperless last year and love it. I had the returns printed to a broadband printer last year and saved them to a external drive. If you don't want to spend tht $49 just print to broadband and save. This is the same thing that papercut does except you can access the return from the TS program and using broadband you have to access from the file you backed up to.I am going to check to see if Papercut had a offsite back up which is what I really want and thought I read that you would have this. Will have to check with the TP people but yes I really like the paperless method and I like not having to go back into the return to see any informantion I need.

Comment

Working...
          X