Web CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Web CD

Got my WebCD today. Can't wait to install when I get to my office.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Hope mine comes today.

I noticed they started shipping.

Comment

Got Mine

Just got mine in the mail. I loaded on my computer and am browsing through it right now!

Comment

I am really looking forward to using it, should be a great tool. Does anyone know if we can highlight in this program, or make a personal index of things we look up alot. I mark up a lot in my paper taxbook, and put colored tabs on places I use a lot.

Comment

Web CD users > be sure to click on "Tools" tab.... Nice stuff in there.
          This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

WebCD

Just finished installing and updating. Think I will like it a lot!

Comment

Originally posted by Piglee View Post
              I am really looking forward to using it, should be a great tool. Does anyone know if we can highlight in this program, or make a personal index of things we look up alot. I mark up a lot in my paper taxbook, and put colored tabs on places I use a lot.

I'm not sure you can do it with Acrobat Reader. The versions of Acrobat you have to buy such as Acrobat Standard or Acrobt Professional have mark up tools that alow you to highlight text and create bookmarks. Maby the free version allows this too, but I don't think so. The Updates are actually done using the markup tool feature in Acrobat Professional.

Another nice thing about Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Professional is you can create your own PDF files. For example, I can take an email from a client and convert it to a PDF file so that I can save it outside of my email program.

The WebCD is designed to run on the free version of Acrobat Reader, but the upgrade versions of Acrobat work even better. For example, Acrobat Reader does not allow you to save files that have been modified. Acrobat Standard and Acrobat Professional do.
              Last edited by Bees Knees; 01-20-2008, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Me Too

Got mine and installed it earlier tonight. Don't overlook the links to
                extensive IRS publications, regs, etc. Very, very powerful feature.

Comment

Got mine

yesterday and will install it today. Is there a way to have both last year's and this year's web cds on my computer or will I have to sacrifice the 06 information?

Comment

Question

Does the licensing permit me to install the CD on my work station and my laptop as long as I am the only user?

Secondly can I install the software on a terminal server so I can access it remotely?

Comment

Virtue and Black Bart

Veritas, I've heard it all now. Either this is an antithesis or a redundancy. I don't dare start a poll.

"Virtue and Black Bart?" Oh well, I suppose so...

Comment

Originally posted by erchess View Post
                        yesterday and will install it today. Is there a way to have both last year's and this year's web cds on my computer or will I have to sacrifice the 06 information?
                        Both the 06 and the 07 programs can be on your computer at the same time. They are independent of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by veritas View Post
                          Does the licensing permit me to install the CD on my work station and my laptop as long as I am the only user?

Secondly can I install the software on a terminal server so I can access it remotely?

The license is a per user license, meaning it can be installed on all of your computers, provided no one else uses it. Unless you have purchased a site license, which means for the cost of about three licenses, you can allow everyone in the same location to use it.

As to the terminal server, it hasen't been tested for a network or any other remote use. Try it and let us know if it works.

Comment

Thanks Bees

I will know in about a week when they install the new server.

Comment

Working...
                            X