Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well shoot, Snag.

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
    Geekgirl, I'm going to surprise everyone and disagree about turning down this client. There are things that can work, given proper circumstances that you should explore before categorically rejecting this potential client...bringing forth order out of chaos will spread your reputation..without compromising your ethics and moral fiber.
    I made a fair case for gettin' rid of that churlish knave and here you and Kram B. step up to the plate, both brandishing unassailable, flawlessly-spun logic as sword and shield in his defense. How's a body supposed to win an argument around here with such stalwarts championing the oppressed bums?

Take that client aboard, Dany, and send the bill to these boys.

Be noble in every thought and every deed! -- LONGFELLOW -- Christus

Comment

Bart

BB - you didn't make your millions by chasing away men of low degree either!

I remember doing a truck driver's taxes once just before he was sentenced to three years in the state pen. He rode with me to the back of his garage, the proverbial "empty warehouse on the wrong side of town." Two good-ole-boys were waiting for him and told him they would get his oysters if he squealed on them. One of them looked at me and asked him, "Who's this guy?"

Truck driver said "I'm having my taxes down. Mr. Jordan is from the IRS."

These rednecks got in their truck and haven't stopped since.

Comment

Dear Thom,

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
        Bart,

You might try starting a Nigerian Scam. Maybe that would be profitable. When the economy goes down, people get desperate and start grasping at all kinds of things.

LT
        Thanks for your comments and it's nothin' personal, but I was just reading your disclaimer and havin' second thoughts about takin' your advice...

Regards, Bart

Comment

Well now,

Originally posted by Snaggletooth View Post
          BB - you didn't make your millions by chasing away men of low degree either!
          That's the truth if ever it was told -- Iike that song, I've got friends in low places.

Whatcha up to? I just had a not-so-rare day with ATX (the bland leading the blind) -- Lordy, Lordy (I cain't say you didn't warn me back when I told you I was switchin')!

Comment

new customers

your first insticts is the best, i always learn ,(never bite off more that you can chew) you should know if you want to be bother with that kind of a situation and take up a lot of your time

Comment

Polite response

When I went to our EA shareshop in November one of our attendees who is an absolutely wonderful and upbeat person shared her response to people that she doesn't want to deal with. She uses this either with new clients or with old clients that have become difficult to work with.
              She tells them that she doesn't feel that she is a "good fit" for their business. She appreciates them coming in to talk to her but she feels that it would be in their best interests to continue to look for someone who would be a "better fit" for them.
              She does this with the sweetest smile on her face. She has never had anyone argue or get agitated with her.
              I really like her expression and will use it in the future with any clients I don't want to deal with.

Linda F

Comment

Depending

on your age, you might tell them you're in the process of retiring, so not taking on
                new clients.

Works for me!
                ChEAr$,
                Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

It seems that putting it on yourself is better. Really it isn't far from the truth. I am "not a good fit" for them.

Burton thank you for your post for another look at it. I suppose if someone is up to challenge then they can go for it. As far as the small town aspect where I live I guess could still be considered a small town. But I know just about everyone that would have any type of pull. Even those related so I should have myself covered.

I wish I could say I was retiring in my 30s

Comment

Working...
                  X