Atx Help!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atx Help!!!!!!!!!!

I have been trying for 5 days now to get ATX Technical support, the won't return e-mails and the phone keeps disconnecting. I can't transmit my e-files and it says contact tech support. I FIINALLY got a customer service representative yesterday that told me they needed my credit card information, I did that and still can't transmit. Anybody out there got any advice???

And anyone reading, DO NOT buy ATX software, support is AWFUL now although in previous years it was outstanding!

ATX Problems

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post
    I have been trying for 5 days now to get ATX Technical support, the won't return e-mails and the phone keeps disconnecting. I can't transmit my e-files and it says contact tech support. I FIINALLY got a customer service representative yesterday that told me they needed my credit card information, I did that and still can't transmit. Anybody out there got any advice???

And anyone reading, DO NOT buy ATX software, support is AWFUL now although in previous years it was outstanding!
    I don't use ATX. But this sounds like the problems that Best Tax Software had in 93 when they went belly-up and sold out.

Best was the best, and very easy to use.

They kept saying during tax season that they weren't up for sale, but they did sell out.

And the tech support was terrible. People were answering the phone that had no concept of what a tax return was.

It was my worst tax season, with the greatest amount of overtime and extensions that cost me a lot money and clients.

As soon as tax season was over, I switched and finished up the tax season extensions with another software.

Comment

Originally posted by Donald Rihn, EA View Post
      I don't use ATX. But this sounds like the problems that Best Tax Software had in 93 when they went belly-up and sold out.

Best was the best, and very easy to use.

They kept saying during tax season that they weren't up for sale, but they did sell out.

And the tech support was terrible. People were answering the phone that had no concept of what a tax return was.

It was my worst tax season, with the greatest amount of overtime and extensions that cost me a lot money and clients.

As soon as tax season was over, I switched and finished up the tax season extensions with another software.
      Try www.atxcommunity.com I think many subscribers are ATX customers and think they will assist you to get through this season. I use ATX for this tax season but it may be my last with the company depends on my experience this year.

Comment

No problems here

Just e-filed 3 returns and no problems.....

Comment

atx

I have used ATX for several years. Realize that CCH bought them out right before busy season last year. Last year, I think they were operating fairly independently. This year, I think it has been integrated. I have called and gotten through to tech support 3 times this year. The second time, I was cut off after speaking to a person for over a half hour whose English was strained. This person made no record of our call or tried to contact me. The other 2 times, I had my issues resolved. I usually try first thing in the morning and the wait time isn't too bad. Sorry, but I haven't efiled anybody yet this year.

Comment

knowledge base

Be sure you are searching the knowledge base on the website. Often you can find your solution there without tech support interaction.

Comment

Just hang on

Originally posted by Super Mom View Post

They're workin' on it -- we've had problems too, but finally got two EFs transmitted yesterday. Support apparently varies widely (we never experienced any outstanding support like you did last year).

Our phones haven't been disconnected, but CSRs are being very selective/restrictive about granting access (they say they have to get permission from higher-ups) to tech reps who actually know anything about new forms, workarounds, glitch-fixes, or upcoming program changes. We've only been able to get through to an actual tech one time so far. It's slow and frustrating -- a new low last Friday with 2 1/2 solid hours on hold -- but they seem to be hacking steadily away at the mess, so I'm cautiously optimistic while hoping for the best and silently cursing. What else can we do? It all goes with that low tax package price that I was so crazy about last month.

Comment

I have warned you and warned you over the years about these low priced tax packages and their ultimate demise. Everybody thinks their software is immume from a take over.

Since ATX had the largest subscribers of any taxware it would make sense that a bigboy would come along and pay just to blow them off the street. And who knows, maybe alot of "bigboys" got together behind the scene and chipped in to cause 52,000 subscribers to become disenchanted with ATX. What a master plan that would be.

By the end of this tax season, 52,000 subscriber will be searching for new software, what a bonanza for the remaining taxware companies. And maybe some subscribers are looking already>>>> if they are smart. This tax season for ATX users will be hell.

It would be interesting to see if any offers are made to ATX users from CCH this month.
                Last edited by BOB W; 01-16-2008, 11:06 AM.
                This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Waiting

I, too, have been waiting and trying and trying to get throught to tech support, but only for three days. I am not waiting to the end of the season to research new software. My main problem is, mine is a very small practice and increased software costs are going to make the IRS think I am running a hobby instead of a business.

Comment

Google it!

Sometimes if you type your questions in Google, the search engine will link you to a message board that has the answer. It's worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by JSLATER View Post
                      I, too, have been waiting and trying and trying to get throught to tech support, but only for three days. I am not waiting to the end of the season to research new software. My main problem is, mine is a very small practice and increased software costs are going to make the IRS think I am running a hobby instead of a business.
                      Cute thinking..................

About a month ago I talked about the demise of small/low end taxware companies and I included the small practioner as well. Your comment only made my vision of that happening clearer.
                      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Thanks Junior Member

Thanks for that address for ATX community. I can FINALLY transmit. After my post I got tech support on the phone and they said it was a top priority software problem for this morning. Why just this morning???? I've been PLEADING for help for 5 days!!! Anyway, I was able to use the ATX board to vent a little and see what other ATXers are encountering. My question for ATX should now be, where should I send my bill for all the time I've spent on this!!!

Comment

Thanks to All!

Thanks to everyone for your help and shared info. The shameful thing is, that just before tax season, I was considering the taxpayer's alliance for only 299.00 with unlimited e-file, all the business forms, and the software seemed pretty good. But I decided that ATX was worth 390.00, per e-file fees, and no business forms. STUPID decsion on my part!!!!

Comment

Misconception

Several messages in this thread have repeatedly warned against el cheapo software companies who lack the size to compete, and ultimately fold, leaving their customers in the lurch. It is a common theme in our software discussions.

As applies here, and often in other venues, this is a misconception. We all remember the cartoon about the big fish swallowing the little fish, but let's look at ATX.

ATX has the most extensive client base of any tax software - some 52,000 customers. They are owned by publishing giant CCH. Their price for their unlimited "MAX" product was approaching $1200 when I left them three years ago. While this price tag is not Lacerte or Creative Solutions, it is very close to the median of all packages, perhaps a tad lower.

Guys and gals, this is NOT a rag-tag, undercapitalized, low-rent, cheesy software company! This is clearly one of the "big fish." SuperMom and the rest -- best wishes for struggling through the year. I had a year like that with ATX in 2003 and I left them the next year.

Comment

You (ha-ha) sound like my mama there, New York.

Originally posted by BOB W View Post
                              I have warned you and warned you over the years about these low priced tax packages and their ultimate demise. Everybody thinks their software is immume from a take over...By the end of this tax season, 52,000 subscriber will be searching for new software...This tax season for ATX users will be hell...
                              "I told you and I told you not to...."

Don't be too smug about it -- that immune business might eventually apply even to your big-gun package (Lacerte? Ultra-Tax?). Either of them may do in the other at any time and then where would you be if you were with the smaller fish that got eaten?

P,S. Besides, see what Super Mom said -- things are pickin' up and though there may be much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the next hundred days or so, I still have my $750 price tag to keep me warm.

P.P.S. Say there, Super Mom -- how quickly we forget. A post or two ago you were pleading for mercy -- a successful EF transmission later, you're ready to (yuk-yuk) bill 'em for inconvenience. Let me know if they pay up 'cause they also owe me upwards of about ten free tax packages (whatever that's worth).

Comment

Working...
                              X