Drake 1120S problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drake 1120S problem

Client formed S-Corp in 2007. When I go to calculate the return I get an efile error that the S election must be equal to or preceed the tax year beginning date. If I change it to a short year I get a message that short year 1120 and 1120S can't be efiled. Never had this problem before. Anyone aware of what might be going on?

Did IRS change requirements on newly formed corps?

Comment

don't know

Originally posted by ecb34691 View Post
      Did IRS change requirements on newly formed corps?
      but that was my first thought

Comment

Drake says short year must be paper filed...but

their knowledge base says that it CAN BE EFILED...(after 2008) so....guess I gota call em again and talk to someone else that knows whats going on. Just had same issue with a new S corp incorporated on 09-21-12.

Kept getting error message 535; saying that dates didnt match or some crap like that.

Comment

Had the same issue with one that started 03/06/12. I filled out the Fiscal Year as beginning 03/06/12 and ending 12/31/12. That made the error message go away.

Comment

I just completed an 1120S last night, it efiled with no issues in Drake. I do not have any year end date entered, just date incorporated and the date of S Corp election, (boxes A and E on the general info screen) On mine they are the same.

Comment

Chapter S authorized date

Check if you hve the correct Chapter S authorized date...

Comment

Working...
              X