Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Florida Sales Tax

Hopefully one of ya'll can help me

I have a customer that moved down to Florida in 2007. They build custom kitchen cabinets and also build cabinet doors to sale to other cabinet shops. The way we both understood was that when they purchase materials they don't pay sales tax. When they sale the cabinets to the customer they charge sales tax then.

Well it seems this is wrong. Someone told them that other cabinet shops are not charging sales tax. They pay it on the materials only. That since the cabinets are attached to a structure it does not have to be charged to the customer. Is this correct?

Also what about cabinet doors they make and sale to other cabinet shops. Should they be charging them sales tax?

I found some information that seems to support this but I am just not sure. My client is losing business over this. Any input from someone in the Florida area would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you

Originally posted by geekgirldany View Post
    Hopefully one of ya'll can help me

I have a customer that moved down to Florida in 2007. They build custom kitchen cabinets and also build cabinet doors to sale to other cabinet shops. The way we both understood was that when they purchase materials they don't pay sales tax. When they sale the cabinets to the customer they charge sales tax then.

Well it seems this is wrong. Someone told them that other cabinet shops are not charging sales tax. They pay it on the materials only. That since the cabinets are attached to a structure it does not have to be charged to the customer. Is this correct?

Also what about cabinet doors they make and sale to other cabinet shops. Should they be charging them sales tax?

I found some information that seems to support this but I am just not sure. My client is losing business over this. Any input from someone in the Florida area would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you
    Your customer should apply to the States Dept for a Sales Tax certificate .When they purchase the materials they would not have to pay the sales tax. Their customer will have to do the same thing. and when their customer sells the cabinets to the end user they have to collect the sales tax and pay it to the state of Florida
    Everybody should pay his income tax with a smile. I tried it, but they wanted cash

Comment

Fl sales tax

I agree. That is the honest thing to do.

Comment

Thank you all for answering.

I think I may have find an answer also:
        Florida Department of Revenue - The Florida Department of Revenue has three primary lines of business: (1) Administer tax law for 36 taxes and fees, processing nearly $37.5 billion and more than 10 million tax filings annually; (2) Enforce child support law on behalf of about 1,025,000 children with $1.26 billion collected in FY 06/07; (3) Oversee property tax administration involving 10.9 million parcels of property worth $2.4 trillion.

It appears to backup what the customer is saying.

Comment

Working...
        X