Disclosure Letter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disclosure Letter

In various threads it has been stated that a client must provide written authorization before we release their tax information to a third party. Does anyone have a form letter that they use for this purpose they would be willing to share?
    In other words, a democratic government is the only one in which those who vote for a tax can escape the obligation to pay it.
    Alexis de Tocqueville

Go to

Originally posted by DaveO View Post
    In various threads it has been stated that a client must provide written authorization before we release their tax information to a third party. Does anyone have a form letter that they use for this purpose they would be willing to share?
    IRS.gov and find the notice they just put out on the subject. I'm thinking it is 2008-2 ?
    maybe?

In it you will find what is required, viz. using 12 point type. Although they say 12 point type, I think they really meant use a minimum 12 point type. For my clients I might just use 16!

this is not a disclosure issue, but merely a matter of obtaining client consent for disclosure to a third party(ies).
    Last edited by ChEAr$; 01-11-2008, 05:55 PM.
    ChEAr$,
    Harlan Lunsford, EA n LA

Comment

Working...
    X