Tooling Up For the New Tax Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tooling Up For the New Tax Season

So far this year I have had more new clients calling about my doing their returns. I don"t know the reason (s) for this sudden interest but I appreciate the new business to replace clients who have eithe died or just left.
    I considered another ad in a monthly advertising supplement but decided against it. That kind of advertising has been a waste of funds for me in the past. I have been giving out my business cards to people I know and that produced the best results.
    Have installed my TS Pro software of my transmitting computer and on a laptop that I take into homes of new clients. That way as I run into questions the new client is there to answer them or find documents that may be missing.
    For backups, I use the laptop, an external hard drive, and a RR runner service available thru my cable service. I have a flash card, if I can find it.
    I wish all of you a successful tax season and a barn to sleep in tonight if you need a place. Mac Wisemen does a pretty good job singing the song "May I Sleep in Your Barn Tonight Mister."

Likewise

Chief, I agree, I have not advertised in years.

Congratulations to you for acquiring new clients this year. Obviously whatever you are doing is paying off.

One of the items to remember, is that all of our existing clients are usually good for at least one referral. You just need to let them know. So many times when I have asked or made a reference, my longtime clients stated, "I didn't think you were taking on new clients". So all of our so loyal long time clients need to be reminded from time to time, they are a great source!

I wish everyone on the Board a Great Tax Season!

Sandy

Comment

I am trying YellowPages.com advertising this year. I'll get a banner included and will be posted at the top. About doubled what I am paying them so far but I could use a few new tax prep clients and more year around work.

Comment

Working...
      X