Engagement letter, again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engagement letter, again

Can someone tell me if I need to quote an estimate of return fees on my engagement letter, whether a set price, a range, such as $350-550 or no price at all?

I'd rather not put anything down, but I could give the client a printout of my fee schedule, knowing that they always get an itemized invoice when given the return and can check that against the fee schedule.

Thoughts on what is needed?

Thank you,

Dennis

I wouldn't

This is the verbage we presently use.

"Fees for our services will be at our standard rates for tax work. We will bill you for our services when we complete your return. Payment will be due in full on completion of your tax return".

Comment

Fees on engagement letter

This is what is on mine:

"My fee for this service will be based on my standard fee schedule for preparation of a Federal Income Tax Return in effect at the time that this work is performed. There is an additional fee for organizing and/or totaling your information. This fee does not include the cost of representation if this return is audited by the Internal Revenue Service. There is an additional fee for this service. Payment will be due upon presentation of an invoice."

Comment

So...

either of these would be fine. Mine is worded like Donald's. I have a spot to write a fee on the letter within the paragraph, but don't want to, just the verbiage is fine with me.

Thank you,

Dennis

Comment

I liked

what Donald had written. I was looking for something worded more properly and this helps. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X