late filing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

late filing

Hi, My wife and I have been filing for taxes for the past two years together, We were both in school and did not have a considerable income.

Im in a situation where i have to declare some income so well this could be a silly question but i would like to know if i can still file for taxes on my own for the years we filed together or rather could i still declare income somehow and pay for the fees and penalties but still be able to show that i had income with the social security. As you well guessed i did work at places but didnt get any w2s or anything that sort

Happy holidays to all

Dominic

Yes you can make those changes, but you can only amend the years you want to make changes to. Filing separately for those years is not a choice.

Your situation requires an EA or CPA, you should contact a local preparer to do this for you. Depending on how much to have to additionally report, the results could be quite high in taxes, SE taxes, penalty and interest.

Good Luck
    Last edited by BOB W; 12-22-2007, 10:13 AM.
    This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

My question

My question is, what type of scam are you running. Did you receive income in past years that you failed to report because you never received W-2's or 1099's? Or, are you applying for a mortgage and you have to come up with some sort of income for the past couple years and you are going about it fraudulently.

If you came into my office, these are questions I would ask and if I did not feel right about it I would send you on your way.

Matt
      I would put a favorite quote in here, but it would get me banned from the board.

Comment

Getting taxes fixed

for an immigration issue?

Comment

late filing

Thank you for the responses first of all; I wouldn’t call it a scam even though it may sound like one. I was in school for those years and worked at a car dealership from time to time. My entire income shouldn’t have been more than a couple thousand for the whole year. I didn’t feel the need to claim the taxes which was a big mistake then I realized, well the answer to your question is, no its not an immigration issue though somewhat related, im a double citizen, in order for me keep my other citizenship and travel in and out of the country freely I have to prove that I had been working in the states for 3 years.
          again thank you for the responses

Comment

Working...
          X