Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Change from Sole Prop. to LLC will it affect my e-file?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change from Sole Prop. to LLC will it affect my e-file?

I am changing on January 1st to a single member LLC from Sole Proprietorship and wondering if will this affect my e-file status with IRS? Would I have to reapply due to change in organization status?

Before I call IRS thought I would take a chance and post here. Any help would be appreciated!

Good question, and I don't have your answer. I moved my office two doors down, in the same building once and they made me re-apply for a new EFIN. They are touchy about location.
    Dave, EA

Comment

Are you going to elect S-corp status?

Originally posted by jeff501 View Post
      I am changing on January 1st to a single member LLC from Sole Proprietorship and wondering if will this affect my e-file status with IRS? Would I have to reapply due to change in organization status?

Before I call IRS thought I would take a chance and post here. Any help would be appreciated!
      If so then you will need a new EIN to do the payroll under, and then you will need to get a new EFIN. I'm thinking also that since the EFIN was under your individual name, which you are no longer do business under as a SMLLC, you will need a new EFIN. We are going through the same issue, except that we have formed a MMLLC, so we knew we had to get a new EFIN.

Comment

Working...
      X