The Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Time

I don't know if this is the proper venue, and, frankly, I don't care: Merry Christmas to you all! You are a great bunch of people- always a pleasure reading you.

And, work-related, let us give thanks to the God of Taxes that the AMT patch has been passed - sorta.

Venue

It would have been a lot nicer had you started with Merry Christmas,,,delete all before
    Confucius say:
    He who sits on tack is better off.

Comment

The Time

Originally posted by RLymanC View Post
      It would have been a lot nicer had you started with Merry Christmas,,,delete all before
      Please excuse my delay in responding: a ho ho ho to you.

Also, Happy New Year.

Comment

The politically correct version

Happy Holidays.

Comment

Bertrans,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you also.

LT
          Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

And thank you!

Comment

Political Correctness

Implicit in your post was an overtone that you knew some people would be offended because you stated "Merry Christmas" instead of "Happy Holidays." I hope not. This stuff is on the TV and radio and in church pulpits and in storefronts.

This forum is not where I would expect for this to be played out, but for the record I am one of those who believe Jesus was a Deity born to us 2000 years ago who died for our sins. For anyone who wishes me Merry Christmas, I sincerely thank you. Likewise, for anyone who wishes me "Happy Holidays" I thank you as well, but please don't think you must do so to be politically correct. At least not on my account. You're not going to offend me either way, nor embroil me in this ongoing furor about how Amy Vanderbilt would do it.

Thank you for your kind wishes.

Comment

I think he was refering to the fact that wishing all a merry christmas is not a tax related issue, not the fact that is could be contrued as religious.

Comment

Yes, precisley. Understanding at last!

Comment

Originally posted by bertrans View Post
                    Yes, precisley. Understanding at last!
                    That will last until Congress is back in session.

Comment

So true, and so depressing, too.

Comment

Working...
                      X