Amt - H.r. 4351

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amt - H.r. 4351

Another attempt to fix the AMT is now H.R. 4351.
    Guess they're throwing everything against the wall trying to get something to stick.
    Last edited by JohnH; 12-13-2007, 05:17 PM.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

According to this article, http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...007-12-13.html the Senate isn't going to consider it and the President has warned the House he will veto it.

It ain't over yet.

Comment

I hope it stays the way it currently is 'cause the IRS is ready to go instead of any AMT patch delaying the filling season start by many, many weeks. Nobody in the country cares or is even aware, THEN the "--- will hit the fan" next year when the additional 20 million taxpayers get hit with AMT. Then Congress will have to answer the them.

Comment

If the season is delayed - I plan to hand out my local congressperson's information, and encourage my clients to call their offices to express their feelings.

Comment

DKSS, that is excellent advice. I could add it as a custom paragraph to the tax return delivery letter.

Comment

Working...
          X