Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone familair with defined benefit or defined contribution plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone familair with defined benefit or defined contribution plans?

IRC Code 414(u) military deferral, Rev Proc 96-49, CFR
    1002262, IRC 414 (U)(3), DOL Reg. 20 CFR 1002.265(c)

Please respond directly to docsavage80@yahoo.com

I was doing some research on these topics. I have a
    brother in the military. Does anyone have any info on
    how this applies to a benefit plan.

t has to do with military leave. What happens if the employee benefit plan has a last day provision, and the employee goes off for his or her military service before the last day of the year? Does the employer have to make a contribution for that year?

Also, anyone with any info on plan terminations?

I suggest you post your question on the Fairmark message board. It is operated by Kaye Thomas, who is an expert on retirement planning. This is a highly specialized and complex field in which most of us tax preparers have only limited knowledge.

The URL:
    Serving investors and their advisors since 2000

Comment

Question?

Enda80, what is your question? the difference?
      Defined Contribution envolves extensive administration fees as your contribution is based on actuarrial computations based on a set retirement pension amount (ex; 80% last 3 yrs ave. salary), the payoff is that a larger deduction is allowed. Defined contribution plan is like an IRA or SEP where the contribution is easy to compute, or even discretionary (can skip it if you want); but, your retirement pension will only be whatever the account grows to, which may or may not meet your goals. (ex: profit sharing plan) Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
      X