S-179 / $25K over 6,000 lbs.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
    I said Dodge, but actually I believe it was a Plymouth -- '51 model.

Sorry John, but "push mode" was a joke (I thought you were older). These were "straight shift" (non-automatic transmission) cars. What you had to do was put your girlfriend behind the steering wheel; tell her to put it in second gear. turn the key on, and hold down the clutch. You and (hopefully) at least one buddy get behind and push. When you get up to about 10 miles per hour, holler and tell her to pop the clutch and give it the gas. It'll cough and start.
    Or, if you were lucky, the guy behind you would give you a push with his car. That was the only way he figured he'd ever get through the stop sign and get on with his own life.
    You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say will be misquoted, then used against you.

Comment

naw

Originally posted by Black Bart View Post
      Whatcha doin''?

I've never had a hybrid, but have a ten-year old Camry. Best car I ever had. Once had a warrantied window-roller go out; other than that it's been zero maintenance. Wish I could say the same for my Chevy.

Are you ridin' a hybrid bike nowadays?
      Just an old fahioned V-Twin.

gets up to 50 mpg.

By the way I agree the Camry is the best car I have owned too.

Comment

Oh yes.........

Oh yes,.......I, many years ago drove a 52 Chevy that my Dad had and did do the push start a few times, preferable there was a down hill nearby. One bizzare thing about that car. It had a 6volt battery. Once while the car was running, we removed the battery and drove the car without the battery and it worked fine.

Comment

Working...
        X