IRS Fax service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IRS Fax service

I just received an IRS Quick Alert email that effective December 27 they are discontinuing the fax and telephone services. If you wish to continue receiving IRS alerts you will need to sign up for Quick Alerts email services.

LT
    Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Thom,

Originally posted by thomtax View Post
    I just received an IRS Quick Alert email that effective December 27 they are discontinuing the fax and telephone services. If you wish to continue receiving IRS alerts you will need to sign up for Quick Alerts email services.

LT
    What is the IRS Quick Alert deal anyway? What does it do for you and is it worth signing up for?

Comment

BB, that's a good question. I've been receiving both e-mails and telephone calls over the past few years and not one single time has any of it made sense to me. I typically delete the e-mails, and never listen to the calls. I don't think I'll miss them one bit. Others however may have a need for the quick alert stuff , but not me.
      Dave, EA

Comment

Quick Alerts

Like dsi, many of the times I just delete the emails since they do not have anything to do with me.

They do a couple of things:
        1. They send out information to software developers about forms layouts and things like that. This part means nothing to me.

2. They post changes that are being made in procedures and handling of items. For instance information about the Federal ID numbers for LLCs. There was an explanation of it. I am at home now, and cannot look at the ones that I have saved, but often the new procedures that someone is unhappy with here on the board will have been put out 1 to 3 weeks ahead of the thread being posted.

I will look in my saved messages tomorrow (if my poor feeble mind can remember) and give you an example of some of the subjects. I am one of these that will receive several sources of information and ruthlessly delete them if they do not relate to my interest.

LT
        Only in government or politics is a "cut in spending" really an increase. It's just not as much of an increase as they wanted it to be, therefore a "cut".

Comment

Working...
        X