taxsoftware.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

taxsoftware.com

Just jointed NATP recently. Saw their ad for "Taxsoftware.com" - a web-based software not residing on your PC. Reasonably priced.

Anyone have any experience with this? I wonder how you can save an electronic copy of the return, other than as a data file.

I have seen the software

but I have not used it. I would imagine that what you do is save the return as a data file, which is then hard to get information out of unless one can successfully log onto the website. That is a potential scare since you're high and dry if the company goes under while you are working on returns. On the other hand it is a nice security measure in case you lose custody of your computer. (I am mobile but I never go out with completed returns on the hard drive of my laptop and I do keep practice returns there to confuse a thief.) It's also rather likely that the software on the website has some means by which you can print any or all of the return and a way to save it in some format such as PDF that is designed to be read and printed without use of the website. I had already made my software choice for this year and I won't easily change for next year but I will give this product a try.

Comment

Working...
    X