New Jersey Throw Out Receipts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Jersey Throw Out Receipts

Doing a foreign corporate return for New Jersey -- not clear on what is meant
    by "Throw Out Receipts."

Any Jersey folks out there who can clear up this great mystery?

Reference

Unfortunately the page you were looking for cannot be found. You could try one of the following options to find the information you are looking for: - Use the search box in left hand navigation panel - Return to the home page and browse from there - Get in touch using our offices page Or you may wish to visit these key pages on the site: People Services

This is from 2002, when they first introduced the throw out rule. It looks as though when computing NJ taxable income, you must eliminate from the denominator any receipts which are not taxed in any state, which would increase the NJ percentage of net income taxed.
    "The only function of economic forecasting is to make astrology look respectful" - John Kenneth Galbraith

Comment

Makes total sense to me>>> logically. Sales not taxed anywhere, where does that happen????
      This post is for discussion purposes only and should be verified with other sources before actual use.

Many times I post additional info on the post, Click on "message board" for updated content.

Comment

Alaska

I guess that would be Alaska -- the only state I know of where there is no corporate taxation. Thanks for clearing this up guys. Don't know how to interpret this for foreign sales.

This taxpayer has operations in NJ and NY. Both are extremely aggressive forms. For New York, we are even required to pay in the first installment of the next year in with the corporate tax return.

When I started this thread I had delusions of people in NJ being able to throw out their cigar boxes that they bring to their accountant on April 14th...
        Last edited by Golden Rocket; 11-01-2007, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X