CPA Connect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CPA Connect

Has anyone had experience with "CPA Connect"?

Not Really

In fact, I never heard of it, but looked it up on the web.

Still don't know much about it, but I do think there is a HUGE need for an organization strong enough to influence the AICPA, instead of just the "Big Four." (p.s. it used to be the "Big Eight" if that tells you anything about their staying power)

On their website, found a CPA in Huntsville, AL whom I know very well, and a handful of CPA firms in my state and neighboring states. Looked at Michigan, and was surprised to find only one CPA Connect enrollee in the entire state.

Appears to be a network of smaller firms. I just joined NATP, and believe there is also a need for tax preparers to have an organization strong enough to speak in numbers.

Comment

I had a client last year that was previously a member of The Tax Club. It was a pretty costly organization to join and also had a monthly fee. They Incorporated his business in NV. His previous return looked ok, I didn't find any significant errors, or problems. The client had also attended Trump's BS seminars (very expensive) and other get-rich-quick type of things. I think The Tax Club appeals to this type of audience. I'm surprised how many seemingly "smart people" fall for these type of things. But, as you know, the TV ads, etc. do make them sound attractive.

Here's a website I found on Ripoff's that's kinda fun. Scroll down and look up The Tax Club for some input from those "not so happy".

Want justice!? Report any scam, fraud, complaint or review on any type of company, individual, service or product here. The Ripoff Report allows you a central place to enter complaints about companies or individuals who are fraudulent, scamming or ripping people off. Our reports cover every category imaginable! Submit your story on our web site for free, for millions to see. Report on everything from dead-beat dads, auto dealers, retail stores, to corrupt city and state governments, politicians, police, to funeral homes, senior citizen homes.

Comment

Rip offs

Almost every large corporation was listed as ripoffs. Surprisingly, I was not listed nor was HRB and JH.

Obviously I was not listed since I don't rip anyone off, but what about the big Tax Shacks? Could it be that their clients aren't computer-oriented enough to make complaints on the internet?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Btfsplk View Post
          Almost every large corporation was listed as ripoffs. Surprisingly, I was not listed nor was HRB and JH.

Obviously I was not listed since I don't rip anyone off, but what about the big Tax Shacks? Could it be that their clients aren't computer-oriented enough to make complaints on the internet?
          Yes, it's very extensive. But, seems to be simply a complaint-type website. I would expect almost all organizations to receive complaints. Most pertaining to The Tax Club seems to focus on the cost and the fact that they bundle and sell other services. There's nothing particularly wrong with that either if they are priced attractively for members and needed. I thought The Tax Club was very overpriced for the quality and type of service they provide, and the sign-up fee was excessive.

Comment

CPA organizations

Originally posted by Golden Rocket View Post
            In fact, I never heard of it, but looked it up on the web.

Still don't know much about it, but I do think there is a HUGE need for an organization strong enough to influence the AICPA, instead of just the "Big Four." (p.s. it used to be the "Big Eight" if that tells you anything about their staying power)

On their website, found a CPA in Huntsville, AL whom I know very well, and a handful of CPA firms in my state and neighboring states. Looked at Michigan, and was surprised to find only one CPA Connect enrollee in the entire state.

Appears to be a network of smaller firms. I just joined NATP, and believe there is also a need for tax preparers to have an organization strong enough to speak in numbers.
            There are several organizations for smaller CPA firms. The AICPA is so powerful that they have imposed requirements on all CPAs which are relevant only to Big Four firms.

I used to belong to the NCCPAP, but the meetings were too far from where I lived. Later the Dallas Chapter folded and members are now part of the Houston chapter even if they live in Dallas or San Antonio.

A practice as small as mine is not really concerned with many of the things that membership in AICPA or TSCPA would provide. A local group involved mostly in tax preparation would be more relevant. Joining any national organization that does not have a local chapter is of less benefit than having a group of people that you actually meet and get to know.

Comment

Working...
            X